Thursday, June 26, 2008

more competitors every day

Back in November I launched ZiFiMusic.com, a music discovery service ala pandora, last.fm, etc.
It seems that within a week of launching everybody and there dog set-up competing services. Even Gerd Leonard (who blogged about HearWhere yesterday) got into the game with Sonific, which he later closed just before I shut down ZiFi.

I didn't think I had jumped into HearWhere without doing any research on the market, but at the time it didn't seem that much was out there, and certainly nothing that had the depth of HearWhere, or the ability to play music from the artists which were being presented.

Now it seems everyday I can find another concert listings site. Though I feel fortunate that HearWhere has more listings, is the only site I've found which can sample the artists music in the same UI, and is simpler to understand than most, I also find it disconcerting to discover that these other sites are not only getting funded, but getting press often because they are funded.

I'm hoping to break out of this cycle shortly, and maybe if I get a spot on a major blog, I'll get enough traffic to make HearWhere a viable business.
Time will tell, though it appears my faux pas from a few days ago has hurt more than I had anticipated.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger lilious said...

before trying to get more traffic or thinking to make HearWhere a viable business, it would be nice if you replied to the comments and questions... (see the 17th june post).

I'd love to talk about HearWhere on my blog but if I don't get answers to my questions, I will quickly forget about it ...

July 5, 2008 at 2:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home